According to data of WHO, more than 3 million people die of alcoholism every year. Chronic pathologies caused by the alcohol abuse spoil the life of young men and women and worsen their quality of lives.
Alcoholism is successfully treated but a complex pharmaceutical therapy is required. We offer you to buy Antabuse online and take the first step to fight the alcoholism.
Antabuse is a trade name of Disulfiram used for the treatment of alcoholism.
A pharmacological action of the medication is based on the inhibition of ethanol metabolism, so that a human has a disulfiram-ethanol reaction. It is a combination of the side effects that appear during the use of alcohol: nausea, vomiting, headache, high blood pressure, tachycardia, weakness, and others.
This reaction happens because Disulfiram blocks metabolism of alcohol in the liver. This way, acetic aldehyde is accumulated in the body. It is a highly toxic ingredient that is harmful for the body tissues. If ethanol is taken during the use of Antabuse, this toxic will cause an intoxication and adverse effects within 30 minutes - 1 hour. A person with the alcohol addiction loses a desire to drink because of an afraid to have this reaction again, and a patient has a conditioned reflex reaction.
Antabuse must be taken strictly in accordance with the instruction and at the same time in order to avoid an overdose or an appearance of the unwanted reactions in the body.
Antabuse therapeutic scheme:
• In the morning, before breakfast: 1 Antabuse pill 500 mg with a full glass of water.
The dose of 500 mg is maintained till a patient has a conditioned reflexed reaction to alcohol. Then the dose is reduced up to 250-125 mg and is taken as a maintenance therapy for at least 9-12 months.
Nota Bene! The treatment starts only after cleaning the body from ethanol. To do it, a patient is prohibited to consume alcohol within 5 days before beginning the therapy.
• Disulfiram should be taken carefully by patients with renal failure and hypothyroidism due to the possible complications.
• In case of the severe cardiovascular diseases, the use of Antabuse is contraindicated.
• The use of Antabuse is stopped during the acute state of the gastric ulcer with bleedings.
• If a patient has glaucoma, pancreatic diabetes, neuropsychic diseases, a decision to take Antabuse is taken by a qualified doctor.
Subscribe to our free newsletter